Shopify Product Design Internship (Ongoing)
JANUARY 2022 - AUGUST 2022
From January 2022 to August 2022, I interned at Shopify as a Product design intern. I was part of the Shopify Automations team working under the "Marketing" section on the admin panel. Shopify Automations aggregated other native apps like Shopify Email and the Flow app to help over 1 million merchants automate different flows related to email marketing.
My responsibilities included but were not limited to:
- Analyzing and conducting a competitive analysis with other automation tools on the market.
- Curating merchant feedback from social media channels like Tiktok, Youtube and Twitter to gain organic insights.
- Help source research participants, created discussion guides and ran merchant interviews to gather insights from the General launch of automations and the Abandoned Checkout Beta release.
PROTOTYPING AND SHIPPING
- Prototyping for the 1st-party and 3rd-party partner-app platform automation project to create the MVP. This will allow partner apps to integrate into Shopify marketing activities and allow merchants to manage multi-channel flows.
- Prototyping long-term solutions to the Marketing Automations screens from the merchant insights to troubleshoot the issues they were facing.
- Owning and creating production-ready design files of mobile improvements for Automations and successfully submitting Github tickets and collaborating with engineers.
- Creating a component library for the Automations team to make the exploration and designing more seamless and easy.
1st and 3d Party Partner-app Platform: Reporting Data
This will allow partner apps to integrate into Shopify marketing activities and allow merchants to manage multi-channel flows.
The goal was to explore what the reporting data would look like for partners not intergrated and sending data to Shopify.