- INTERACTIVE WITH GAME INSTRUCTIONS FOR STRATEGY
- ADJUSTABLE AND CUSTOMIZABLE
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE
- ADAPTABLE FOR INDOOR/ OUTDOOR SETTINGS
- FOR SINGLE AND MULTIPLAYERS
- FUN FOR ALL AGES
CHILDREN AGED 5-9
SEPTEMBER - DECEMBER 2017
Our design brief for this project was to create an interactive object for a child aged between 5-9 years old. We were challenged to find a child within that age bracket and include them as a co-creator and our main user persona for the project. Our main medium for this project was to be primarily wood.
For this project I teamed up with my fellow industrial designer Shayna Pollock to create a fun and portable hacky sack game for our co creator Jeff, an 8 year old neighbour of mine with an interest in strategy, board games and sport.
LIVES : VANCOUVER
He is an energetic boy that has an active social life. Her loves to play strategy based computer games and board games. He loved to play a lot of sports with his friends outdoors like basketball and football. In his spare time, he likes to read about sea creatures. His favourite sea creature is a jellyfish.
Pain Points/ Opportunities:
- Due to Vancouver’s fluctuating weather, he does not get to play outside enough so his parents worry about him spending too much time on his phone or television.
- His house is over crowded with alot of toys so he has limited space to run around and to store large games.
- Since he is an only child, he wants to be able to play alone as well as his family and friends.