"Corona" Feature Film Elevator Build
One of my largest and most challenging projects I was fortunate to be a part of was the 2020 feature film, " Corona" about the coronavirus which is such a relevant topic about the year.
I was hired to be the art director and set designer of the film to build a 8' x 8' x 4' elevator for a one-shot film. The most challenging part was that I had to complete the build in only 3 days! This project taught me a lot about moving quickly and efficiently.
- Size : 8' x 8' x 4'
- Mahogany wood stain for the interior to create a dark and ominous atmosphere.
- We sourced elevator parts from a local elevator store to give realistic accents.
- The lights were also installed in a pattern that would mimic "bad" elevator lighting.
- The vent on top was a brief given by the cinematographer for the opening shot for the film.
- The Jackson Pollock inspired painting in the back was a brief given by the director to symbolize the chaos that is about to ensue .